Thursday 22 September 2011

Best of LFW: Malene Oddershede Bach





So along with the rest of the fashion world I have been manic the past few weeks in the run up to London Fashion Week, as well as working mental hours during fashion week. Finally, I have had chance to go through my photos and drag my arse back to blogger as I am desperate to share with you some of my favourite collections from the shows....

First up, a newby... see above

Malene Oddershede Bach

Malene unveiled her debut collection for spring/summer 2012 at LFW and showed as part of Vauxhall Fashion Scout's Ones To Watch. I fell in love with her quirky use of colour and print as it was so unusual and visually arresting. Malene told me "I like to use prints and images that aren't what they seem, things that aren't visible to the human eye". For several of the pieces, she combined the image of mouse intestines with the scales of a butterfly wing (last image, far left). In my eyes, this is a designer that's going places- Watch this space!

(Images by myself, bottom image from Fashion156.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment