Monday 23 May 2011

Hobbs a/w 2011










So last week I went to a couple of press days, Hobbs being one of them. I've got to be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect, given that my Mother loves the brand, but was pleasantly surprised with the offering for Autumn/Winter 11. Hobbs made a play for print and colour, with some seriously great pieces I would buy in an instant. I love the tobacco brown dotty blazer, pulled in at the waist with a skinny belt and teamed with the black shorts= perfect work wear!
The knitwear and winter coats stood out to me, and I loved the use of fur collars and bold colour, sure to brighten up the dreary winter months. Accessories too were cute and quirky, favourites being the whippet dog and swallow pendants. Got to be getting me one of those! Oh, and last but definitely not least, the shoes are incredible, the black and white tassled menswear inspired brogues are a must buy, and for night time, the black ponyskin chelsea boots with chunky heel are perfection. Both are part of the 15 piece re-launch of Hobbs' original Italian leather shoes, a modern update of the styles first brought out when the brand launched in the 80's. Good work Hobbs.

p.s sorry the photo quality is a little dodgy on some, still getting to grips with my sexy new Canon SLR.


No comments:

Post a Comment